So, let’s check out the Uncle Milton Super Moon In My Room review below.
Uncle Milton Super Moon In My Room Review
The features of this kids’ night light is pretty interesting:
- Built-in electronic lunar clock
- 12 light-up lunar phases
- Solar eclipse light mode
- Night time and moon landing sound effects
- Remote controlled
- Moon detailing
- Auto shut-off
- Size: 13 x 13 inches
This is a wall night light and is perfect for a stars or space-themed kids’ bedroom. It has 12 light-up lunar phases which enables the night light to mimic the shape of the moon in the sky. Whether it is a new or full moon or the phases in between, the night light can mimic it via a remote control that is included. You can also set it to automatically match the moon outside with a built-in electronic lunar clock. If that is not enough, a solar eclipse mode has also been included to take into account the existence of this event.
The sound effects include the common night time sound of crickets and the famous Neil Armstrong’s quote that was made during the historic first landing on the moon. The volume control is at the back of the lamp itself. The moon detailing does make it more realistic when you hang it up on the wall. There is also an auto shut-of feature which is great to conserve energy.
The night light uses 3 C-sized batteries while the remote control will need 2 AAA batteries. It does have a spot for an A/C adapter but that is not included in the package.
Super Moon In My Room vs Moon In My Room
There are a few differences between the Super Moon and the older version that is called simply Moon In My Room:
- Size – The Super Moon is bigger at 13 x 13 inches. The older version is only 10 x 10 inches.
- Pre-programmed lunar clock – The older Moon In My Room does not have the built-in electronic lunar clock for automatic adjustment of the lamp to match the moon outside.
- Sound effects – The cricket and moon landing sounds are only available in the Super Moon version.
- Solar eclipse mode – This is also an additional feature that is only found in the bigger Super Moon.
- Prize – The Super Moon is more expensive. At the time of writing, it is more than double the price of the Moon In The Room.
Is The Super Moon The Best Kids’ Night Light?
There a few things going for the Uncle Milton Super Moon In My Room that makes it the best kids’ night light out there. The pros are:
- Educational – The night light is educational besides being fun. You can teach your kid about the different phases of the moon and the reason why it shows up in different shapes.
- Great for kids – Kids will find this exciting because they get to compare with the moon outside their window. The ability to change the moon phases with the remote control will also be interesting for them.
- Adults will love it too – Although marketed as a kids’ night light, adults will love to have one too. It is pretty cool to have the Super Moon hanging on the wall in your room.
- Works well – The night light sync beautifully with the actual phases of the moon.
However, there are also complaints from some buyers despite the overwhelmingly positive customer reviews:
- Not realistic – While there is moon detailing on the night light, some buyers find that it is not accurately reflected. So, if you are particular about the little details, this may be a disappointment.
- Remote control breaks down – The remote control has a risk of breaking down or being glitchy.
- Overpriced – Some people find it to be a little expensive for a plastic night light when you can get cheap desk lamps for less than $10.
Overall, the brightness is just right but this is very much a matter of personal preference. It also automatically shuts off after 30 minutes which works for some but not others. So, if you want a night light that will stay on, the Super Moon is not the one to get.
In terms of price, it is also quite high at the time of this Super Moon In The Room review compared to other night lights. Nevertheless, the majority of kids will be happy to have this hanging in their room. To them, you can be sure that the Super Moon is the best kids’ night light out there. So, get it today!