Best Soap Dish To Keep Soap Dry – Self-Draining Is Best
There are plenty of soap dishes that you can choose from but don’t just look for the cute and fancy ones. You need a self-draining dish because this is how to keep your soap from getting soggy. If the dish doesn’t drain well, the moisture will prevent the soap from drying out in between uses.
Many soap dishes have holes at the bottom for them to drain water into another layer of container. These are typically made of plastic or ceramic and you can get them pretty cheap at the stores. But there is another self-draining soap dish with a different kind of design. This one drains directly into the sink.
We find that this is the best soap dish to keep soap dry because of the tilt angle. Water automatically flows into the sink directly which means there is little clean-up that you need to do. Unlike traditional soap dishes that may leave gunk after some time, this Waterfall Soap Saver dish has minimised the problem. It works beautifully to keep your bar of soap from getting soggy and the price is not much different from other dishes that you typically buy. It is also large enough for big soap bars.
However, this soap dish is made of plastic and hence, it is a little lightweight. While it doesn’t tilt over very easily because of its large base and weight of the soap, it needs to be laid on a completely flat surface. If your sink has a slanted edge, this may not work.
The other reason that may make you hesitant to buy this is the plain design. There is nothing fancy to this soap dish. To some people, this may even seem cheap for their bathroom. So, if you want something more attractive or colorful in terms of design, this is not the soap dish to buy. But if you just want something practical to keep your soap dry, then this is the best soap dish that will automatically drain excess water into the sink.
You certainly don’t need fancy and overpriced stuff all the time. You only need things that work. This soap dish that keeps soap dry is one of them.
Other Ways To Make Your Soap Last Longer
Apart from having the right soap dish, there are also other ways to make your soap last longer:
- Keep it out of the way of the water flow. If you have a bar of soap in the shower, move it further away from the water stream. Imagine if you have other people who are using the same bathroom as you do. Each time they shower, the water will make the soap wet too and as a result, it will just disintegrate faster.
- Dry it out. If you can, move the soap near the window to air dry it after use. This will harden the soap and it will be less likely to be mushy the next time it is used.
- Use a soap saver bag. A soap bag will usually create a richer lather and hence, less soap is used compared to rubbing the soap directly onto your skin.
- Save the small pieces. You don’t need to throw away the small pieces towards the end of their usage. Save them and put them into a soap bag or washcloth for continued usage.
- Cut the soap into half. Use only half bar each time and keep the other half dry. That way, less of the soap will get dissolved with the hot water running in the shower.
- Choose hard soap bars – Different soaps are made of different ingredients. Some are softer and hence, will dissolve faster. Buy those that are labelled as hard and longer lasting to stretch out its use.
As you can see, buying the best soap dish to keep soap dry is just one of many ways to make the bar last longer. You can incorporate some of the above tips too to further maximise its use.